Homemade pizza using Fynbos Fine Foods Tomato Pasta Sauce, Marinated Peppers and Sliced jalapeños.
Yield: 2 pizza’s
Prep time: 1.15 hour (including rising)
Cooking time: 10 minutes
Total time: 1.25 hours
For the Dough:
2 cups of cake flour (extra for work surface)
1 packet of instant yeast
3/4 cups of warm water
2 tablespoons olive oil (+ an additional tablespoon)
3/4 teaspoon salt
1.5 teaspoon of sugar
- In a bowl, place one cup of flour, salt, sugar, yeast, warm water, olive oil. Use a wooden spoon to mix the ingredients together.
- Gradually add the second cup of flour. Remember that it is okay to add more flour and water than stipulated, if the dough is not coming away nicely from the bowl when the dough forms.
- Once the mixture becomes a dough and comes away from the side of the bowl, flour your work surface and knead the dough for approximately 5 minutes.
- Take a tablespoon of additional olive oil and coat the ball of dough and the inside of the clean bowl with it.
- Cover the bowl with cling wrap and cover it in a towel. Leave it to rise for an hour (it should have at least doubled in size).