Homemade pizza using Fynbos Fine Foods Tomato Pasta Sauce, Marinated Peppers and Sliced jalapeños.
Yield: 2 pizza’s
Prep time: 1.15 hour (including rising)
Cooking time: 10 minutes
Total time: 1.25 hours
For the Dough:
2 cups of cake flour (extra for work surface)
1 packet of instant yeast
3/4 cups of warm water
2 tablespoons olive oil (+ an additional tablespoon)
3/4 teaspoon salt
1.5 teaspoon of sugar
- In a bowl, place one cup of flour, salt, sugar, yeast, warm water, olive oil. Use a wooden spoon to mix the ingredients together.
- Gradually add the second cup of flour. Remember that it is okay to add more flour and water than stipulated, if the dough is not coming away nicely from the bowl when the dough forms.
- Once the mixture becomes a dough and comes away from the side of the bowl, flour your work surface and knead the dough for approximately 5 minutes.
- Take a tablespoon of additional olive oil and coat the ball of dough and the inside of the clean bowl with it.
- Cover the bowl with cling wrap and cover it in a towel. Leave it to rise for an hour (it should have at least doubled in size).
Ingredients for Toppings
You can use any topping that you would like, but these are the ones that we used for 1 pizzas:
125 g of mozzarella cheese grated
1 teaspoon of chopped garlic
1 teaspoon origanum
1 teaspoons salt
20 sliced FFF jalapeños (we like it spicy)
5 pieced of FFF’s marinated pepper chopped up
15 g feta cheese
2x slices bottom mushrooms
a handful of baby spinach
1/4 caramelized onion
Method for compiling the pizza
- Place your oven on 200 degrees celsius
- Line two baking trays with baking paper and sprinkle them with flour
- Once your dough has risen, cut it into two pieces
- Flour your work surface and roll our the dough (to your preferred thickness)
- Poke the rolled pizza base with a folk and put it in oven for approximately 5 minutes (until you start to see it puffing) and then remove it from the oven.
- You’re now ready to add Fynbos Fine foods Pasta Sauce (to your preference- we use 4 tablespoons).
- Evenly distribute the cheese and continue to add your preferred toppings
- Place the pizza back in the oven until the base is crispy and the cheese begins to golden and bubble.
- Enjoy your pizza with some of FFF other products e.g. Peri-Peri sauce, Sweet Chili Dream Sauce, Chili and garlic sauce and if you like is real spicy- try their African Ghost Pepper sauce (12/10 in heat).
Follow @Lex_does on Instagram to view more mouth watering recipes.